24 hr. bunkering service provided by Viking offshore at the Viking berth for supply vessels. In addition, Total, Cirrus Oil and Goil are available to supply bunkers via road tankers upon request by vessel agents.
TAKORADI PORT- FACTS
- The premiere Commercial Port in Ghana
- ISPS compliant since 2004
- Handled 27% of national seaborne Traffic in 2015
- Handled 58% of national seaborne imports in 2015
- Handled 68% of national seaborne exports in 2015
- Major import commodities handled:
- Major export commodities handled
- Cocoa (bulk & bagged)
- Safest port in the sub region
- 2-day documentation, clearance and delivery procedure
- Favourite cruise destination due to the abundance of tourist attractions in the Western and Central regions of Ghana.
- Jubilee and TEN oil/ gas exploration and production field near the port
- Safe haven for oil supply vessels in the West-African Sub region
- Has a modern ship repair facility (slipway & dry-dock)
- Alternative port for economic operators in the landlocked countries of Burkina Faso, Niger and Mali.
- Currently undergoing expansion to accommodate larger vessels to improve port operations