- The premiere Commercial Port in Ghana
- ISPS compliant since 2004
- Handled 27% of national seaborne Traffic in 2015
- Handled 58% of national seaborne imports in 2015
- Handled 68% of national seaborne exports in 2015
- Major import commodities handled:
- Major export commodities handled
- Cocoa (bulk & bagged)
- Safest port in the sub region
- 2-day documentation, clearance and delivery procedure
- Favourite cruise destination due to the abundance of tourist attractions in the Western and Central regions of Ghana.
- Jubilee and TEN oil/ gas exploration and production field near the port
- Safe haven for oil supply vessels in the West-African Sub region
- Has a modern ship repair facility (slipway & dry-dock)
- Alternative port for economic operators in the landlocked countries of Burkina Faso, Niger and Mali.
- Currently undergoing expansion to accommodate larger vessels to improve port operations